Welcome to Spanish 2! The course supports student growth in the skills acquired in Spanish 1. Lessons are designed to help students achieve accuracy in communication, and to learn about the products, practices and perspectives of the target cultures of the Hispanic world. The Santillana textbook is organized to introduce students to regions of the Spanish-speaking world as students acquire speaking, reading and writing skills. Students are pulled into the culture of these regions as they follow the challenges set for four teams to find fascinating cultural artifacts.
INSTRUCTIONAL LEARNING ACTIVITIES :
At the end of the Preliminary Unit, students will be able to and understand:
Students will learn:
1. Can you describe yourself?
2. Can you describe your family members?
3. How do you spend your spare time?
4. Can you give and ask information?
5. Can you talk about school, school supplies, classes you are taking?
6. Can you say the days of the week and the months of the year. Can you talk about the weather?
7. Can you talk about chores?
8. Can you talk about likes and dislikes?